On Thu, 8 Sep 2016, /dev/rob0 wrote:

I am not in any hurry to move my email into IPv6 land.  For now I am
satisfied to have IPv4-only MX records for my domains.  My server is
IPv4-only, for that matter.

I'm operating dual stacked servers for years now and don't see negative impact. Majority of IPv6 traffic is from servers operated by me though :-)

Why?  Well, in IPv4 the spam problem, while not solved, is well under
control.  But when spammers move into IPv6, and they *will* when it
is in more widespread use, spam is going to be a huge mess.  The
tools which work so well in IPv4, namely DNSBL services, won't cope
with IPv6.

That's probably untrue. To cope with address randomization you simply can block the whole "/64". That saves much space. Depending on provider policy maybe even "/56". And without randomization the majority of addresses does never appear.

I don't monitor blacklist results for mail, but for my Trac instance the blacklists already start to catch IPv6 as well. I think the quality of blacklists will improve when more services operate reliable IPv6 installations.

Ciao