Allen Coates wrote on 9/9/2016 6:47 AM:
On 09/09/16 11:47, Wietse Venema wrote:
Is there a way of segregating IPv4 and IPv6 tests in postfix?
Not at this time. What would a segregated user interface look like
in smtpd? In postscreen?

        Wietse

I was thinking along the lines of using
reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname>
for IPv4, and the stronger reject_unknown_client_hostname
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unknown_client_hostname>
for IPv6

I suppose I could put an "accept all IPv4 addresses" statement at the
end of an access list, and let IPv6 fall through to further tests.

I am worrying about things that haven't happened yet, but I do like to
be prepared :-)

Allen C

Couldn't one just use a separate smtpd listener in master.cf for IP4 and IP6 if one wanted to implement different policies for each protocol?

Personally, I want to have parity between IP4 and IP6, not additional differences that are going to increase troubleshooting.

--Blake