On Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:02 AM, <pg...@dev-mail.net> wrote:

> My suspicion is that this is NOT rising to "nuke the basatards" >smtp
> response, and that I should figure out how to get the >attention of the right
> persons (NOT 'customer service') at FinCo. >TBH, how to make that contact is
> beyond me; public shaming on >Twitter might be an option ;-)

Honestly, you are most likely wasting your time on that point because all that
you are likely to get back is a page of waffle saying "blah blah blah ...
security reasons... blah blah blah"

I know this because a sysadmin ex-colleague was having problems creating
accounts with a FinCo using delimiters (e.g. nam...@example.com).   FinCo's
filters were rejecting this because it was "invalid".

Said individual wrote a carefully worded long letter to C-suite execs at FinCo,
also taking the time to attach copies of RFCs referred to in the letter so they
would not have to look them up.

A couple of weeks later, a reply arrived in the post ... "blah blah blah ...
security reasons... blah blah blah... we know better... blah blah blah"

So the moral of this story is, unless you have friends working for FinCo, don't
bother trying to engage them on how they could improve client service by fixing
their IT infrastructure. They are unlikely to listen.