I apologize for the interruption in this thread, fires to put out so slow
getting back to this.

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 4:31:23 PM EDT Gary Aitken wrote:
I'm new to postfix and trying to administer a debian google-compute box, also new to me (coming from fbsd). So lots
of opportunities for learning...
It appears postfix was installed as a result of a mysql
installation:
aptitude why postfix: i   automysqlbackup Depends
bsd-mailx |
mailx i A bsd-mailx Depends default-mta | mail-transport-agent i A postfix Provides mail-transport-agent
but the setup not completed?  This machine is not intended
serve as a mail server; I only need it to post mail
appropriately.