--- Paul wrote:

> I have AIM on my machine. After I log in, it pops up the window that
> lists my buddies and who's on line and so on. I don't like to see
> that so I close it every time. I thought it might be a good place to
> get my feet wet by having PP close that. Hence the timer. My next
> attempt is to see if I can use the =exename ability to do that w/o
> the timer. Since I don't want the login window to be closed, just
> the other one, my guess is that I'll have to script something, or
> have some event when the login window closes look for and close the
> buddy list window or something.

I don't personally use AIM but I strongly believe that there's some
sort of option or command line parameter to AIM that will do this for
you.

What you are wanting to do is have a PowerPro command trigger when the
creation of a certain window occurs. For this you can use PowerPro's
window handling functionality.

How this works, is you define a new command list, tell PowerPro that
it's a special list with this certain functionality, and then add
window/command pairs.

By doing it this way, you will have PowerPro handle the window as soon
as it is opened, and so you will not have to wait 60 seconds.

Start by creating a new command list in your configuration, then click
the Setup button, found on the right hand side of the Command Lists
tab. Move to the Special Lists tab of the window that then appears,
and select your newly created list for the �Open� entry field.

Click OK and return to the Command Lists tab, with this newly created
list selected for editing.

Click Add Before or Add After to create a new item, and in the Name
field, type the information you need in order to identify AIM's main
window. I'm guessing that it's either �AOL Instant Messenger� or
�=AIM� or something similar, but I'm pretty sure that you have worked
this out already.

Then, you would fill out the rest of the dialogue to perform what you
want for when the AIM window is first created.

OK your way out of PowerPro Configuration and test by closing down AIM
if it's already running, and then starting AIM. If you have followed
the above steps precisely and you have the correct way of identifying
AIM's window, then the window should disappear within a very brief
time of it appearing.

Hope this helps,
Alex

ICQ# 37414292



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to