Hello,

I've been looking at some older Macs with older operating systems, and these
leaner meaner things seem to work much faster than OS 8.6 does on my stock
133mHz PB 1400c.

I've always felt like its slow as molasses in January. It takes forever to
load anything, and occasionally stalls completely for 20 seconds or so. When
it's online, sometimes it goes way longer than that, making me think it's
locked up (or almost ready to).

All the dynamic memory software is slow, too. Click a button and _wait_ for
something to happen. Sometimes even the delete key bogs down.

I have shut off all the extensions I can live without. I use OS 8.6 because
it's really the oldest OS that will still run most modern software, like
Explorer 5.1, PhotoShop 6.0, etc.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. What say ye?

TIA,
Ken N.