> I didn't write the first quote. Only replied to it.
>
> Why not go to Radio Shack or another supplier and get a spray can of
> electronic contact cleaner. And on every single contact pin and hole
> and card edge and slot spray the heck out of it scrub it with an old
> toothbrush and repeat this process at least twice more.
>
> Especially anything that stays in the machine when you swap parts out.
>
> And have you swapped parts from the working machine into the non working one?
>
> Check cables for damage and loose contacts and pins.
>
> If you have a continuity tester test every wire end to end.
>
> Good Luck

Hi yes that is what I was saying you can take bits from either and put them
in to work but when the second one is together it will not go. If there is
more than 3 different parts from the bad Mac in my good 3400 that is dead
also. I can not understand it. It does not make sense. And should not
happen.

vicki