 I didn't write the first quote. Only replied to it.

 Why not go to Radio Shack or another supplier and get a spray can of
 electronic contact cleaner. And on every single contact pin and hole
 and card edge and slot spray the heck out of it scrub it with an old
 toothbrush and repeat this process at least twice more.

 Especially anything that stays in the machine when you swap parts out.

 And have you swapped parts from the working machine into the non
working one?

 Check cables for damage and loose contacts and pins.

 If you have a continuity tester test every wire end to end.

 Good Luck

Hi yes that is what I was saying you can take bits from either and put them
in to work but when the second one is together it will not go. If there is
more than 3 different parts from the bad Mac in my good 3400 that is dead
also. I can not understand it. It does not make sense. And should not
happen.

•-----------------------------------

???

ANY 3 ?

Which ones are in the mix?

Never the same part in any one mix?

You should be able to write down trial info.

By changing one item at a time or 2 different ones you should be able
to eliminate the bad part or combination of parts.

Unless the whole machine was effected say by a lightning strike or ?

Any 3, and yet each tested separately work fine?

Any electronic Engineers out there care to give a thought to this?

Have you tryed the contact cleaner idea?
--
Adrian