A-NO-NE Music on 2/12/06 said

>I need help.  I will try to explain as clear as I could think, but it is
>a bit complicated.
>
>I have been having problem with 4 beta test community list when others
>report bugs with image embedded.  When there is a glob icon, I click it
>and I can view them, but many posts, even from the same reporter,
>sometimes doesn't give PM the globe icon.  Not only that, when I see no
>globe icon, I see two HTML attachments besides the image file(s).  One
>of the HTML file is totally empty.  The other is the message body but
>has no image tag so I still can't view the embedded image(s).  I can see
>the image files as attached but when 20 of them with no file name
>consistency you can't tell which one goes under which sentence.
>
>I opened my AppleMail but for the life of me I can't figure out what is
>causing this inconsistency between HTML message and bogus attachments.
>If I saw HTML option in AppleMail, I could ask the poster to enable
>HTML, but there is no such option, and RichText option isn't embedding
>the image when I sent a message to myself.  It just creates attachment.
>If I then format text, PM receives two HTML files as explained above.
>But I can't for life of me send embedded image from AppleMail to my
>other mail account received at PM.  In other word, I can't find what to
>ask them.
>
>I am the only one having this problem among the beta community, and they
>are trying to force me to use AppleMail like the rest of the team.

Not that I know any answers... but to clarify your questions:

Do these mails show up correctly in Apple Mail?
Do they show up correctly in Apple Mail if they have been opened first in
Power Mail?
I've sometimes noticed that after an html mail has been opened in Power
Mail it will not then open correctly in Apple Mail.
I think there may be an option in Apple Mail to "show attachments inline"
which sometimes helps.

My solution to these problems is to use Thunderbird. I don't delete
anything off the server and the filters work pretty well to direct to
folders. It will generally open correctly something even if it has been
opened in PowerMail first.

--
Barbara Needham