yeah, see, actually, my first course of action is to follow instructions. and
here's where it's gotten me: the release notes say that when i first launch
PowerMail it will ask me if i want to create a new database or convert my old
one. it didn't. i double-clicked the key (serial number-installing) file and
it asked me if i wanted to update PowerMail with the key in it and i said yes
and PowerMail launched, but it never asked me about converting my old
database. i've tried the Import... function, but that malfunctions twice:
first, the Import Assistant presents me with an Open... dialog before it
should, evidently, because nothing i navigate to enables the "Choose" button;
then, since i can't click "Choose" i click "Cancel", whereupon i'm presented
with another panel of the Import Assistant (with which, evidently, i should
have been presented before the Open... dialog appeared, because it gives me
the choice to import "all e-mail databases from folder..." or "a single e-mail
database" (somebody should tell these people the hyphen's outdated) - but when
i choose to import "all e-mail databases from folder..." and navigate to
either the PowerMail Files folder or the folder within it called "Message
Database index", click "Import", and then click "Go Ahead" in the Import
Assitant, i immediately see an alert saying, "An error occurred. The import
has been interrupted."

let me tell you, so far i'm loving PowerMail.