I was not refering to a single word with a red squiggly underline, but to
check a whole email at once. And, btw., I do not get a spelling option on
control-click onto such  a word (only cut/copy/paste or new text
clipping). For me, the shift/cmd-; is the same as described steps via the
menubar. I am not using OS X spellchecker but CocoAspell.

---marlyse

------------ former message(s) quotes: -------------

>Hmm.
>I simply highlight the word and use <ctrl>-click (or right-click). It
>gives me a pull-down menu with suggestions, Ignore, Learn, etc.
>
>/Cap
>
>Not suspecting the train of events thus set into motion, Marlyse Comte wrote:
>
>>Subject: Re: PM and Spelling
>>From: "Marlyse Comte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:22:59 -0600
>>
>>I have Cocoaspell installed and it just took over where the OS X built in
>>was before: menubar > edit > spelling.
>>
>>Or you use the key short cut which is: shift-cmd-; on my US keyboard.
>>
>>Does Cocoaspell show up in your System preferences? Do you have libraries
>>(i.e. language(s) installed?
>>
>>---marlyse

---marlyse