[cheshirekat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 14.3.2007 um 19:40 Uhr:]

>...should I upgrade it to the current version on my
>PowerBook so my files are compatible with the Mac Pro? I haven't kept up
>with the upgrades because I didn't want anything to break before the new
>Mac arrives. I don't plan to use the Migration Assistant, ...

I did use the Migration Assistant to set up my new Mac Pro 2 month
before. I used PM 5.5.3 already. No problems with migration! I waited
for all my files to be migrated and everything was perfectly ready after
2 hours. I only had to put in the network in the first plug and
everything worked immediately. It could nor be easier. Almost every
preference was migrated. I remember there were only two or three missing.

I don't think that there is something against upgrading PM on your
PowerBook before.

If you really do not want to use the Migration Assistant, install PM
fresh and copy the folder "PowerMail Files". In my case it resides in "~/
Mail/".

Good luck!
Subhash

--