As an example providing information on bugs, see Mike Bombich's forum
page for Carbon Copy Cloner:
<http://forums.bombich.com/viewforum.php?
f=12&sid=f1fc006f711bb1c03a2502b875bd32ff>

Another program I use, PDFPen, has several workarounds listed in its
FAQs  for specific problems.

I have seen similar "known issue" lists with other software. Apple does
something vaguely similar (although more opaque) with articles on its
support site.

Closer to home, SpamSieve has a FAQ, blog archive, and a forum, as well
as a /request/ soliciting comments on improving the software.
<http://c-command.com/spamsieve/support>

Noting bugs, known issues, and workarounds for users is not unprecedented.

Regards,

- Winston