Le jeudi 22 juin 2006 11:01, Holger Macht a écrit :
> On Thu 22. Jun - 09:59:32, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > The proposed DBus interface looks fine for the average desktop
> > application needs, but this way we would keep the Solid::PowerManager
> > class available for special applications that don't care about the policy
> > implemented in kpowersave and would need finer grained information (like
> > desktop applets).
>
> What do you mean with "desktop applets" here? Which application may need
> finer grainted power management related information than kpowersace (which
> is a desktop applet ;-)

Ok, I had in mind the desktop toys and this kind of gadgets users love to have
on their desktop nowadays. Generally, the more fine grained information they
can get, the more they do fancy stuff (people have quite some imagination for
this ;-) ).

> What I actually also don't want is that the Solid part duplicates stuff
> which is in this library. But I don't think you want kdelibs depend on an
> external library, right? So I'm not yet sure how to mary those two
> approaches.

Well, it already happens, qt-dbus is such a library for example. We have the
kdesupport to host some of those libraries, maybe it could be dropped there
after all?

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."