  Weekend Primetime on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Saturday October 5, 2002- Sunday October 6, 2002

We have a weekend filled with some of our most-loved documentaries... as well as two
premieres we hope will catch your eye.
        Saturday primetime is our subtle tribute to Dr. Quincy with six hours of the
best of our forensic sciences series.  If you love real-life crime-solving, this is a
perfect night to curl up on the couch.
        And then on Sunday, our two weekend premieres.  At 8pm it's NATIONAL
GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: DISASTERS!, where we head into the center of the storm to see
just how deadly tornadoes and hurricanes can be and why we can't seem to do a whole
lot to protect ourselves.  At 10pm MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SOARING SPIRITS.  Don't let
that title fool you, these cheerleading champs are some of the fiercest competitors
out there.  We'll follow along with several girls battling to be the best.

        Have a great weekend.  Here's a look at the whole schedule:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CRIME SCENE DETECTIVES
The forensic scientists in this program are the real life version of Dr.
Quincy...showing us how they ID killers with a single bite mark, and use insects to
figure out when someone died.  OK, it can be a little gross.  But it's cool.  And no
one said learning was easy!
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH SCENE INVESTIGATORS
In this installment from our "Coroner" series we spend a day in the life of several
coroner's investigators.  Forget what you think you already know about these men and
women... they -love- what they do.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SEX CRIME DETECTIVES
Can you imagine how difficult it must be to hunt a serial rapist?  Investigators
always say they have to be able to get into the mind of the criminal.  In this
program, the Nashville sex crimes unit goes after a rapist who's been on the loose for
six years, accused in the attacks of half a dozen women.  We'll see how they take
their years of experience into account as they hunt him down.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CRIME SCENE DETECTIVES

12AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH SCENE INVESTIGATORS

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SEX CRIME DETECTIVES

2AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CRIME SCENE DETECTIVES

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CORONER: DEATH SCENE INVESTIGATORS

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SEX CRIME DETECTIVES

5AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER:  CROC NIGHT!

SUNDAY OCTOBER 6
8-10PM ET
***PREMIERE***
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: DISASTERS!
It's almost like being there... without the terror.  We'll take a close look at the
grand-scale catastrophes caused by tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
Boyd Matson hosts.

10PM ET
***PREMIERE***
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SOARING SPIRITS
An investigative look into the fiercely competitive world of cheerleading.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

11PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: DISASTERS!

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SOARING SPIRITS

2AM ET
WEEKEND MAGAZINE:  ALASKA CLIMBER
This is the story of people marooned in a place so hostile and dangerous, no one could
get out alive -- without help.  Its one of the world's highest peaks, where
temperatures have been measured as low as 96-below zero... and winds as high as
138-miles an hour.   We first brought you this story a year and a half ago.. and now
there is an update no one, but the man at the center of the tale, could have imagined.

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE RUNAWAYS

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: INVISIBLE PEOPLE

5AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: LITTLE BOY LOST

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22