        Primetime on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Friday September 6th- Sunday September 8th, 2002

A note about a special PREMIERE documentary:
        In August of 2001, one month before the attacks on the World Trade Center and
the Pentagon, MSNBC completed a documentary: "Target Manhattan."  The program was
inspired by a federal study, and detailed a series of events leading to the
annihilation of the World Trade Center.
        When the project was finished, a heated internal debate began: Was the idea
too far-fetched? Might it give would-be-terrorists the germ of a horrifying idea?
Within a month, both questions became moot, and we opted not to show the program last
fall, out of respect for the victims of September 11th and their families. Now,
however, a new question looms: how do we prevent something like this from happening
again?
        Once again we've gathered our experts to talk about the scenario we had played
out... and the chilling predictions it makes about the future.  MSNBC INVESTIGATES:
TARGET MANHATTAN, airs SUNDAY at 10pm ET and we remind you, in advance, the scenario
featured in this hour is hypothetical.

FRIDAY, SEPT 6
6PM
THE ABRAMS REPORT
One of the most bizarre cases in American history, races to a conclusion.
The fate of two brothers, accused of killing their father with a baseball bat -- now
in the hands of a jury.
While a family friend awaits a verdict -- for the SAME CRIME.
The latest tonight, on the program about justice.  The Abrams Report.

7PM
NACHMAN
It's been said 9/11 changed America forever.
Our Editor-in-Chief will talk with a man who says we haven't really changed at all.
Tonight on Nachman.

8PM ET
DONAHUE
Ollie North goes one-on-one with Phil.
The retired colonel turned TV host, tells Donahue about his new role  --  as fictional
author
Tonight, don't miss an all-new Donahue.

9PM ET
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS
Several blue-prints are now on the table  -- but should the World Trade Center be
rebuilt at all?
Former Big Apple Mayor, Ed Koch sounds off in the Hardball Debate.
Hardball with Chris Matthews, tonight at 10/9 Central.

10PM ET
NACHMAN

11PM ET
DONAHUE

12AM ET
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS

1AM ET
WEEKEND MAGAZINE: LADDER COMPANY 6
It is hard to speak of lucky breaks and happy endings in a tragedy of the magnitude of
September 11th.  But we find just that in this story of courage and duty.
Stone Phillips reports.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: 24 HOURS AT GROUND ZERO
First person accounts of what it was like at ground zero when the horror hit at New
York City's World Trade Center. A compilation of extraordinary home video from the men
and women who were in Lower Manhattan when the attack occurred.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM ET
MSNBC REPORTS: SEVEN DAYS IN SEPTEMBER
A look back at the week following the attacks.  This program focuses on the search for
survivors, and the investigation in the days that immediately followed September 11.
Lester Holt hosts.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: ATTACK ON AMERICA: A DOCTOR'S TALE
The terrorists who attacked the World Trade Center knew that by striking in New York
City-- America's media capital-- they would have thousands of horrifying images to
provide a permanent record of their acts.  But only ONE piece of video, shot by a
doctor drawn to the scene,  comes close to capturing the devastation as it filled the
streets in the area that would become known as "Ground Zero".
John Seigenthaler hosts.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: 24 HOURS AT GROUND ZERO

12AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: SEVEN DAYS IN SEPTEMBER

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8
8-10PM ET
*** PREMIERE***
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: GROWING UP AT GROUND ZERO
National Geographic EXPLORER shares the amazing story of students at New York's Public
School 234, an elementary school located just four blocks from Ground Zero, and learns
how September 11 changed their young lives forever.
Boyd Matson hosts.

10PM ET
***PREMIERE***
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TARGET MANHATTAN
        It's been described as "the unimaginable."  But was it?  The people you will
meet in this documentary predicted events so similar to what happened on September 11,
it is chilling.  They even helped us make a documentary about the hypothetical
destruction of the World Trade Center... months before the actual events took place.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

11PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: GROWING UP AT GROUND ZERO

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TARGET MANHATTAN

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22