        Primetime on America's NewsChannel MSNBC

THE WEEKEND PRIMETIME NEWSLETTER
AMERICA'S NEWSCHANNEL MSNBC
Friday JUNE 21st- Sunday JUNE 23rd, 2002

***HIGHLIGHTS***

        The highlight of our weekend programming comes on Sunday night when Brian
Williams presents "SUMMIT FOR A CURE," a live, two-hour program brought to you from
The Cleveland Play House, adjacent to the Cleveland Clinic, one of the country's
leading heart hospitals.  We will talk about the latest developments in the search for
cures and treatments for cancer, heart and brain disease.  We will also explore the
role of genetics, "wonder" drugs and precision instruments that make the field of
medicine so fascinating.  In addition to some of the people leading the way in the
medical field (check out the panel listed below or on our website at
http://www.msnbc.com/news/758940.asp?0si=), Bob Dole, Fran Drescher and Christopher
Reeve will join us.  And we'll witness the latest advances in cardiac surgery as we
watch a valve repair operation as it takes place during the program.

        ***We've also got quite a night planned on Saturday, one that explores several
worlds that might be out of the boundaries you recognize.  The highlight is the
premiere of MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE LIFESTYLE.  We follow four couples who have
families and jobs and ambitions that we might all find familiar.  Where they differ:
the live what they call, "the lifestyle"-- you might call them "swingers."

FRIDAY, JUNE 21
6PM
THE ABRAMS REPORT
Why one prominent attorney is calling for the execution of the families of Palestinian
suicide bombers. Tonight...on the program all about justice...The Abrams Report.

7PM
HARDBALL WITH CHRIS MATTHEWS
Is President Bush's vision for peace in the Mideast realistic?  Former Israeli Prime
Minister Benjamin Netanyahu  plays Hardball...Tonight.

8PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
Why this summer's movie season is becoming one of the most profitable in history... A
Special Report on The News with Brian Williams...Tonight.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CAPTURED: BACK FROM THE DEAD
Most people who claim to have had a near-death experience describe a brilliant,
heavenly white light, and a profound sense of peace.  But researchers report as many
as one-fifth of these so-called "experiences" say they have had a terrifying encounter
with what most of us call hell.  We talk with the people who say they've seen the
other side.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: CAPTURED: I HEAR DEAD PEOPLE
Do you believe in an afterlife?  And that souls there can communicate with us?  We
meet several people, mediums, who say they can link us to the afterworld.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

11PM ET
THE NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
Why this summer's movie season is becoming one of the most profitable in history... A
Special Report on The News with Brian Williams...Tonight.

SATURDAY, JUNE 22
8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A CHANGE OF GENDER
Chris McGinn was born a man, but this handsome 31-year-old military doctor decides to
undergo surgery to become "Christine."  Can you imagine what it must have been like to
tell his wife of his plans?  His friends?  This program is an amazing look into the
very private life of someone who takes drastic measures to become the person she feels
she's always been.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE SECRET WARDROBE
Did you know that many cross dressers wear women's clothing because they say it helps
them relax or relieve stress?  In this program we meet several men who lead
more-or-less traditional lives.  They are professionals, some have families--and most
of them share a secret.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

10PM ET
MSNBC SPECIAL: A DIFFERENT DRUM
At the end of every summer, a city of 30,000 rises in the desert outside Reno, Nevada.
 The Burning Man Festival is the essence of counterculture-- a clothing-optional place
that's part Thunderdome and part Cirque de Soleil.  We look at the attraction, its
participants and its surprising longevity.
Hosted by Forrest Sawyer.

11PM ET
***MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE LIFESTYLE            PREMIERE
What is out of bounds for a marriage?  We're sure this program about couples who
"swap" partners will spark some interesting conversation at your house.  We'll meet
and hang out with four couples who are just getting to know each other.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

SUNDAY JUNE 23
8-10PM ET
***SUMMIT FOR A CURE                            PREMIERE
A live, two hour discussion about the latest in medicine and medical technology hosted
by Brian Williams.  We'll talk about cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's, decoding the
human genome, miracle drugs, and much more.  Here's a look at our panel of leaders in
the medical field:
Dr. Eric Topol, M.D., Department Chairman for Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
Larry Norton, M.D., Oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering
Huntington Willard, Director, Center for Human Genetics, University Hospitals of
Cleveland
Dr. Ron Krall, M.D., Sr. Vice President, U.S. Drug Development, AstraZeneca
Dr. Eve Slater, M.D., Asst. Sec. for Health, Dept. of Health and Human Services
Glenn McGee, Ph.D., Bioethicist, University of Pennsylvania
Dr. Mehmet Oz, M.D., Heart Surgeon, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
Dr. Gary Small, Neuroscientist, UCLA

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22