Leland,

> ... but I believe even
> humans have a eternal soul (e.g. a spirit).

I don't actually know how many living things have a soul. I believe that
humans past some age do have a soul, but I suspect that there are other
living things as well that have souls or spirits. Again, that falls into #3
-- God's business.

There is some recorded evidence of worship from these other living things in
the bible as well. One of my favorites is "the mountains and the hills shall
break forth into singing and all the trees of the field shall clap their
hands" (2nd Isaiah).

There are so many Earth-focused peoples that believe that other living
things possess souls and spiritual energies that I suspect there may be
something to it. I don't have a great inclination to follow down that path,
but I also have no inclination to look down at them or ridicule their
beliefs.

- Kris
www.shamrocktrails.com, www.mcstyles.com, www.emryldlife.com