Stephen Russell wrote:
>> It's a pro-M$ article.  You wouldn't see anything else other than pro-M$
>> statements.  They were all M$ folks.

> The site is not a M$ one.  They seem well rounded in the news for
> yesterday or today.

I didn't say it was an M$ site.  I just said they were pro-M$ folks.
Not saying good or bad, I'm just saying.

> The article has the next steps for a group of developers who were
> fathered with M$ in the middle years of FoxPro.  may stayed with that
> same parent and chose .NET but some left altogether and went other
> languages, or retired.  ;->
>
> i am not sure that Dabo is on the radar of anyone outside of this list
> and the pyCON that Ed and Paul displayed at.  Why? There is a ton of
> stuff out there.

Contrary to the way I may come off, it goes without saying that it's
always good to broaden your skillset, especially in a direction where
Monster.com or Dice.com shows that there's jobs to be had with that
skillset.  Certainly, it's not worth learning Foxpro now if you need to
work for someone else.

Sylvan is supposedly sending us for DotNet training in Q4 this year.
C#.  I'm exciting to be getting training from them on a newer, more
viable product.  Does that mean I'm dumping Fox?  Absolutely NOT.

But don't label with me that "you guys gotta get with the times" or
other "head in the sand" comments as that's totally bogus.  I just
simply love working in Foxpro yet, but certainly have an eye on the future.

Some losers treat you like 2nd class if you stick with the Fox and not
run to the latest M$ offering.