On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM, MB Software Solutions General Account
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Contrary to the way I may come off, it goes without saying that it's
> always good to broaden your skillset, especially in a direction where
> Monster.com or Dice.com shows that there's jobs to be had with that
> skillset.  Certainly, it's not worth learning Foxpro now if you need to
> work for someone else.
>
> Sylvan is supposedly sending us for DotNet training in Q4 this year.
> C#.  I'm exciting to be getting training from them on a newer, more
> viable product.  Does that mean I'm dumping Fox?  Absolutely NOT.

-----------------------------------

Why wait till they do something?  Why not get the software and take
the 90 day trial?  The videos list I presented will be easy to jump
on.  You could focus on doing the same thing your doing in winforms
with fox as a compare which will just give you a headache.  Been there
and done that!  You could get into doing simple little web apps that
just deliver some data.

Remember in a learning cycle so you don't take on more then you can
process, otherwise it will fail and you at best wasted your time.

> But don't label with me that "you guys gotta get with the times" or
> other "head in the sand" comments as that's totally bogus.  I just
> simply love working in Foxpro yet, but certainly have an eye on the future.
>
> Some losers treat you like 2nd class if you stick with the Fox and not
> run to the latest M$ offering.

Are those losers hiring managers, or are they the Technical directors
for companies?

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer