I have been real sick since Friday, so I just started reading some of the emails.

Here is the directory files as I have it now on my computer. All the dictionary files have .dic dates included in their file names. You will also have to do a copy/paste from the updated dictionary list on the extensions.html file. That has all the dictionaries linked with their dates.
http://libreoffice-na.us/add-on-dictionaries-large-list.zip

I did not remove the old, non-dated, versions of these dictionary files from the web site server yet.

---------------------

As for

<quote>
@Tim I'm going to allow Friedrich to login to the libreoffice-na.us site
using my FTP credentials...
<unquote>

I have no problems with that. I thought that I had sent the information to Friedrich when I created that domain.

---------------------

Florian sent "us" an email:
Re: en_US dictionary with April 19 2011 .dic file, plus French updates possible as well

<quote>

Hello,

can someone follow-up on this, or did someone already do? It's a bit out
of my scope, I guess:-)

Florian

<unquote>

I do not seem to have the information for what to follow up "on".

I will send to Drew and Florian the four most up-to-date French dictionary file I have.

One is already online, but the other three slipped through the cracks of my memory and were not updated to the site after I found them. French--dictionnaire-fr-classique-reforme1990-v4.1____2011-03-27.oxt
            French--dictionnaire-fr-classique-v4.1____2011-03-27.oxt
            French--dictionnaire-fr-moderne-v4.1____2011-03-27.oxt
            French--dictionnaire-fr-reforme1990-v4.1____2011-03-27.oxt

verses the old 4.0 version dated 2010-08-01, like this one.
French--dictionnaire-fr-classique-reforme1990-v4.0____2010-08-01.oxt

As for updating the dictionaries, as far as I can tell, all you need to do is replace the old .dic files with the updated ones. The .aff file is out of my area of ability but may not need replacing, yet. Those .aff file would need work to keep it up-to-date with the newest words for the list, but it still works well enough. Those files seem to help you find the

English info in the .aff file

This one looks like it helps to deal with the suffex
SFX B   0     ness       [aeiou]y

This list looks like it is used to help find replacement words by taking letter combinations and replacing them with others. It think the word then would be searched with those new letter combination to see if it is in the list that way.
REP are air
REP are ear
REP are eir
REP air are