Roger,

As for the change to the Intial Condition block I changed to what I have
read for literature over here, which is what Jacky claims is best practice.
I only switched it back to the original so that I could work from what was
original to the specifciation before moving to ProofPower and becuase since
I had moved back to working on rewriting the state properties into static
and dynamic areas, I had forgotten the discussion of why we switched to
using the prime on the State variable name in the Init operation. It is
quite an easy change back, so I will more for the reason, as you have
mentioned, I rather be consistent with what Spivey and Woodcock have done
over say Jacky.

This brings me to the next point. I realized from the output we had
switched to a horizontal schema notation, as for work I had seen in my
readings and from the other outputs I had worked with, but I thought
the braces around the schema replacement were of some consequence. It
sounds like from your account that they are just there for sanity purposes
and should look at it like I did any other variable in the previous proofs
and just provide proper witness to the system to show the proof. I assume I
acheive this by using the "there_exists" tactic like I have on the other
existance proofs I have shown.

The other question I have is is there any harm, or looking at it the other
way any need, to use the precondition proof on intialization operations if
I am using an existance proof already? The reason I was going with the
precondition proofs as my starting base was because they were the proofs
that were used in your example specification in the paper that is on the
ProofPower site.

As for your final point, you are quite correct in that the specification I
have written is a functional specification describing what the system must
accomplish, but not how those objectives can be accomplished, that is what
I was intending for code. Essentially this specification document was
constructed from a set of requirements, so a requirements specification,
from a customer, and I took those and constructed this specification to
describe what the elevator must do to meet the needs of the customer. As
for the question about certain aspects of the elevator, making sure all
floors in a direction serviced, or you are able to get off, I think I could
see a way, possibly, to state this in a schema notation, but in proving
such a claim I am not sure on. My idea of using the schema may be incorrect
as well.

Regards,
Jon