On 09:32 AM 19/09/2003, John A. Ross said:
Ian

On most of your comparison between DXP and 99SE you have fair points.

http://www.considered.com.au/DXP_vs_P99SE.htm for those who missed the
link in Ians post before.

But I would need to disagree on the heavy use of queries being
productive. My main frustration is the perception that I spend more time
getting the correct logic for the query, than doing the work itself.

Thanks for the comment. I can see what you are saying. I happen not to find it too much of an issue, but I certainly don't think this implies you are "dense" (your words) (different people think different ways).

The Find Similar Objects right click is, as I am sure you know, a useful inclusion, that helps newcomers get something similar to the P99SE globals interface.

Saving regular queries, is useful, as well.

<..snip.. I deleted a whole lot of more contentious stuff, enough grenades for today.>

Ian