> Our interns love Linux, but the PHB (pointy-haired boss) won't let them
install it--even if it is their own copy.

They might want to try Knoppix.  It's a Linux distro that does not require
installation - it boots from the CD and doesn't have to write anything to
the hard drive.  Any persistent data can be saved to a floppy.

But, on the other hand, maybe Mr. PHB needs to live with the consequences of
his decisions.  In PHB-Think (an oxymoronic term), interns are cheap,
abusable, and disposable.  Almost like regular employees, eh?  ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com