On 11/26/05, Christopher A. Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I run a mobile DJ/KJ service in Denver and have had a couple of e-mail
exchanges with Kelvin, which has led me to this list.

I've gone through the archives and see there's someone also in Ft.
Collins - we should talk sometime. :)

Hey, my ears are burning :)

Greetings from Fort Collins!

Right now, I'm working on what I can do to help sponsor PyKaraoke and
CDG Tools in one of the Fedora Core repositories. That means creating an
RPM and sponsoring the package. I'm working on both. That said, I'm not
exactly an expert on RPM packaging, but am willing to learn more.

In terms of technical strengths, I'm much more of a network and systems
administration / systems integration guy than a coder, and I also have a
base level of knowledge in Usability. I have lots of ideas which I may
try to tee up in time once I have a better feel for what's already being
tossed around.

My background was similar, though with a definite "this doesn't do what I want, time to write a new one" leaning. Fair warning: network/sysadmin and integration is the gateway drug to coding :)

I have confirmed what Fedora Core 4 packages are needed, as well as
where they come from, to have everything work. Fortunately, you can
already get everything you need from the most popular FC repos. That
should make the rest of this pretty straight forward - just a matter of
deciding where things should go, creating a symlink or two and adding
menu entries with icons.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Looking forward to contributing where I
can!

Great to have another contributor!

I must sheepishly admit I run Ubuntu on my notebooks (and have two hardware platforms now available for testing -- x86 and amd64) so I should probably be doing something to help package this thing up, too :) Kelvin, consider me a guinea pig for packages (and for packaging the amd64 version, even assuming we *can* do that right now -- pygame-from-CVS won't make the Ubuntu maintainers happy ;)

--
Looking for something to read? Visit http://willfe.com/ ... it's easy, safe, and fun for the whole family!