On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 14:50 -0700, William Ferrell wrote:
On 11/26/05, Christopher A. Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I run a mobile DJ/KJ service in Denver and have had a couple of e-mail
exchanges with Kelvin, which has led me to this list.

I've gone through the archives and see there's someone also in Ft.
Collins - we should talk sometime. :)

Hey, my ears are burning :)

Greetings from Fort Collins!

Thanks! Now I have the name matched with the location. I'm in South Denver and, like I mentioned, help run a mobile DJ/KJ service with operations in Denver and Key West, Florida. The company used to be bigger, but due to the owners moving and the Florida hurricanes, we're restarting in a few places. The outlook is very good though.

In terms of technical strengths, I'm much more of a network and systems
administration / systems integration guy than a coder, and I also have a
base level of knowledge in Usability. I have lots of ideas which I may
try to tee up in time once I have a better feel for what's already being
tossed around.

My background was similar, though with a definite "this doesn't do what I want, time to write a new one" leaning. Fair warning: network/sysadmin and integration is the gateway drug to coding :)

I'm still very much the person who will only code in self-defense... :) But I totally understand where you're coming from having had to write a thing or two in the past.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Only two things are infinite,