> You said you
> looked at the bin file - did you compare it with the RW_RAW output from
> the same disk? If you have an example of the first few KB output using
> both modes I'd be interested to see it.

I'm in the process of doing some testing.

The test CDG is a copy of "Classic karaoke 6 ABBA"

The first drive tested is an old liteon DVD drive. At some stage in the
past I've flashed the firmware and it now calls it's self a JLMS.

Command:

cdrdao read-cd --device ATA:0,1,0 --read-subchan rw ABBA.toc

Edited output:

ATA:0,1,0: JLMS XJ-HD165H       Rev: CH11
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)

Reading toc and track data...

[...]

Raw P-W sub-channel reading (audio track) is supported.
ERROR: This drive does not support RW sub-channel reading.

Clearly, either the drive or cdrdao thinks that RW (deinterleaved) data
is not supported.

Second test drive is a NEC DVD burner (much newer)

Command:

cdrdao read-cd --device ATA:0,1,0 --read-subchan rw ABBA.toc

ATA:0,0,0: _NEC DVD_RW ND-4550A Rev: 1.06
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)

Reading toc and track data...

[...]

PQ sub-channel reading (audio track) is supported, data format is BCD.
Raw P-W sub-channel reading (audio track) is supported.
Cooked R-W sub-channel reading (audio track) is supported.
Copying audio tracks 1-15: start 00:00:00, length 58:19:39 to
"data.bin"...
Track 1...
Track 2...
Track 3...
[...]

Clearly this drive believes it can read RW data.

Now I will rip the same disk twice on the NEC once as RW and once as
RW_RAW and do a bit of comparison.

I'll post two cut down bin files from the rips. 50 sectors or so should
be enough?

Drew