> Yes, absolutely. I would like to know if anyone else has successfully
> compiled and test it.

Great, I can feel a v0.4 coming on. We're in the middle of buying a
house at the moment so time is limited, but I'll have a go at building
it here and fitting it into a sensible release package.

> When I had extracted the .bin image I ran it through dcdgrip to split it
> but the results were not as expected. The CDG info was garbage and the
> audio was very badly distorted (like samples were missing and maybe cdg
> data was still present)

Interesting. I certainly didn't expect the audio to be affected by using
RW mode. I'm inclined to go with your reason 3 as well - that the data
is not arriving in the expected order. Could the CDG data be smaller
because the parity bytes have been removed?

 From reading about other people who have tackled the
software-deinterleave process (e.g. the Audiograbber guy) my
understanding was that this was a pain-in-the-ass that you can avoid by
using RW drives. I'd be surprised if there was anything particularly
complicated to do so we must be missing something simple. You said you
looked at the bin file - did you compare it with the RW_RAW output from
the same disk? If you have an example of the first few KB output using
both modes I'd be interested to see it.

Cheers,
Kelvin.