On Dec 18, 2007 4:06 PM, Ben Bangert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pylons is not a megaframework, its the
> opposite, its a lightweight framework, that loosly couples some WSGI
> components into a WSGI stack and puts the stack under your control.

Well, it depends on your definition.  I call it a megaframework
because it includes and/or documents all the common extras: database
access, Javascript, Buffet, authentication, forms, i18n.  Small
frameworks don't have any of these except perhaps forms.  That's why I
left Quixote because I was tired of reinventing the wheel with my own
homegrown code, and I couldn't ask other Quixote users about these
libraries because they weren't using them.  (That and it was written
pre-Unicode, which became a big issue in my applications.)

'session' is a more basic thing; it's been standard in Python web
frameworks since at least 2000.

But as I said, renaming the session import is the least of my concerns.

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>