On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Matt Feifarek <matt.feifa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The best advice now is to use the appengine_homedir script.  The howto
>> is still useful but you'll have to make allowances for the differences
>> between appengine_boot and appengine_homedir.  You can disable the
>
> I found this exchange in my archive, as I'm trying to get Pylons 0.9.7
> running on the current GAE (1.2.5).
>
> I'd like to use the most recommended way, but am having trouble figuring it
> out.
>
> Mike, I've found your bitbucket repo, and am trying to get the docs here:
> http://bitbucket.org/sluggo/appengine-homedir/src/tip/docs/pylons.txt
>
> That seems like some kind of doctest file, but if I try and run it with
> nose, I get "ran 0 tests". If I run it in python (either from the relevant
> virtualenv or from stock python, I get a traceback... so I'm now guessing
> this is not the intent.
>
> I can't easily read the instructions in pylons.txt because they're
> interwoven into code... and because with GAE labels become very tricky very
> quickly ("{app}" is used as a GAE launcher, a pylons app, and a VE in some
> docs).

Those are Ian's notes; I didn't modify them.  Actually, I've never
seen them before.  I went by what Ian put on the web in the
appengine-monkey project.

The only thing I did to the appengine-homedir project was to remove
the monkey code.  I was going to make it into a more complete
installer but I never got that far.

> So, how can I 'read' the docs for this? Or, does anyone have an updated
> state-of-the-art for Pylons on GAE?

None has been mentioned on the list.  The thread you found is the
latest.  If you have time to figure out the easiest install procedure
for Pylons on App Engine and to update the howto, it would be a
contribution to Pylons.  There's a redirect set up for the latest
instructions:
http://pylonshq.com/appengine
but you've probably seen it already.

--