On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > This leads to two questions:
> > 1. Can we simply delete that stuff ? It would make it harder to manage
> the
> > app going forward.
>
> Can we delete what?

Sorry; I edited out the part that would have made that more clear. What I
was asking about were all of the various egg-info directores that are in the
site-packages. You answered me later, but so did Ian, and you two seem to
disagree. I'll make a note of this in the doc.

> However, appengine-monkey and appengine-homedir also contain the
> bootstrap code used to create an application.  That's what I made
> appengine-homedir into, by deleting the monkey code.  And now it just
> needs somebody to maintain it.

What/where is that bootstrap code? Is it just the ./app/config.py file? I
can look in the source I guess.

> Ian says only the initial application loader (Paste Deploy) uses entry
> points.  However, I have used Pylons in two environments that were
> Setuptools-challenged: App Engine and py2exe.  Both raised exceptions
> beyond that point due to 'pkg_resources.require()' calls.  So it's
> safest to make sure that Setuptools and the egg-info directories are
> uploaded to the server.

Thanks.