Hi Thomas,

'Wrong', certainly in the context it was given in, is a statement of
judgment. It suggest that there is a failure in the functioning, and
is a criticism to the developer, becoming a wrongdoer. My argument is,
that the answer given (with TER statements) is not wrong, but from a
chemical and biological point of view, and in light of the PDB format,
is actually more correct. It may be inconvenient for post-processing
with some other tools, but that is easily taken care of by changing a
setting (unset use_ter_records), or by post-processing (sed -i /TER/d
file.pdb).

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands