On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:02:08 +0100
Thomas Holder <thomas.hol...@schrodinger.com> wrote:

> Dear PyMOL users,
>
> The pre-release version of PyMOL 1.6 has been pushed to the open
> source repository on SourceForge. Besides several minor fixes and
> improvements, this version should complete the transition to
> shader-based rendering for all on-screen drawing. For non-integrated
> chipsets this typically means higher quality and quicker rendering.
>
> Please also note that the URL of the SVN repository changed due to an
> upgrade of the SourceForge website:
>
>   svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pymol/code/trunk/pymol
>
> As always, we welcome bug reports and positive feedback.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - The PyMOL Team at Schrödinger

I managed to download the source code.  There were a lot of warnings
during the compilation and I got the following error message:

usr/include/python2.7 -c layer1/TypeFace.c -o
build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/layer1/TypeFace.o -ffast-math
-funroll-loops -O3 -fcommon layer1/TypeFace.c:25:22: fatal error:
ft2build.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.

I don't have the faintest idea as to what supplies ft2build.h and would
appreciate a point in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.