> On Sep 20, 2018, at 4:25 PM, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>
> I think the action taken by Brett (apparently decided with Titus and a
> mysterious "conduct working group") is not the right one:

Just FTR, the conduct working group is the PSFs CoC Working Group, which I
believe had an open call for membership at some point. I think it’s still
getting setup so it hasn’t been added to the list of WGs yet or anything, but
it was approved awhile back:
https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/2017-08-22/#code-of-conduct-work-group

<https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/2017-08-22/#code-of-conduct-work-group>

At least, I’m pretty sure that’s what Brett means.

With regards to the action, it seems reasonable to me, particularly since it
was not a one-off done by one person, but was an action taken after discussion
amongst the moderators and the CoC WG.

I do agree that our tools are bad, and we need to come up with new ones. With
limited moderation tooling we have limited ability to head off unproductive
discussions before they delve too far into the bad end of the world.

I think if there is concern about this, the best forum is probably discussion
with the CoC WG, and probably not python-committers.