Le 21/07/2022 à 07:59, Stefan Behnel a écrit :

> I'm actually reading python-dev, c.l.py etc. through Gmane, and have
> done that ever since I joined. Simply because it's a mailing list of
> which I don't need a local (content) copy, and wouldn't want one. Gmane
> seems to have a complete archive that's searchable, regardless of "when
> I subscribed".
>
> It's really sad that Discourse lacks an NNTP interface. […]

+1000

For this switch to accommodate all use cases, Discourse really needs a
"lurking" story.

That's lacking right now, possibly by design (Discourse developers are
quite opinionated*, and anonymous reading seemingly doesn't fit their
worldview). Maybe they can be convinced, though…

By the way, I'm still trying the RSS way, but it doesn't seem to fit the
bill (lack of a stream of posts per category).

Cheers,
Baptiste

*not meant as a criticism: opinionated is good; it just makes it more
difficult to provide the main communication channel of a wide and
diverse community.