Le 02/12/2022 à 18:49, Brett Cannon a écrit :

> Since we are promoting/pushing folks to use discuss.python.org

Until now I've seen more "pushing" (with sticks) than "promoting" (with
carrots).

Since august I've been looking for a way to follow the discussions on
discourse without using the heavy and annoying web interface, or
building a whole stack of filters on my side. It's annoyingly close to
working with RSS: "posts.rss" would just need to keep entries for a
longer time, and include category information.

I regret that there seems to be zero interest in fixing those last
glitches and making RSS really work.

> like more of a burden/excess.

The "burden" of keeping one additional list on an existing platform is
moderate. Nobody would be forced to read it, but interesting ideas would
surely be copied over to discourse at some point.

All the death clamors are way premature, and either relate to the
"sticks" tactics, or to the usual intolerance of "modern tools" converts.

Baptiste