Hi Brett, I understand your points.

I think the main point of difference is the gap in usability between GitHub
discussions and Discourse - I think it's massive, but I understand others
will be less enamoured by GitHub and less frustrated by Discourse than me.

One correction:

but that does make the discussion specific to the repo

With Organisation Discussions
<https://github.blog/changelog/2022-04-12-organization-discussions/>,
discussions are attached to the organisation, not a repr.

Samuel

--

Samuel Colvin