On 09Dec2022 14:58, Simon Cross <hodgestar+python...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can now pull from Discourse or GH when it’s convenient for me.  It’s also
much easier to disengage for a few days and catch up later.

I have a question about how you handle multiple communities. I'm
subscribed to ~30 python-dev style mailing lists across different
projects. There is no way I can open up 30 Discourse sites each day.
Mail brings everything into one place for me, and I have things setup
so that new mail from python-dev style lists is separated from my
general inbox.

Are you not subscribed to a bunch of communities? Or is there some way
you aggregate or visit each forum that works nicely?

I'm not Barry, but I have Discourse's "mailing list mode" enabled for the Python Discourse forums. That delivers all posts to me as email, and my filter rules file almost everything into my "python" mail folder. Same for the matplotlib forum etc.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>