Both approaches should not be exposed as core language, but as facilitating
tools to be used if, in your application, you have to traverse deep
semi-regular attributes hierarchies.
The operator approach, by definition, is part of the core, so -1
The wrapper does not need to be included in python, so the discussion is
meaningless: people define the tools they want and use them as they please.
Personally, I think it would be nice to have that in the standard distrib,
especially wrapt or something as powerful. But I don't really care in fact,
what good is that now I know about it so I can use it...