On 24/07/18 13:07, Richard Damon wrote:
The fact that you changed NullCoalesce into Foo to show lack of explicitness
seems a straw-man. Words are FULL of meaning, while symbols are less so. The
biggest issue I see with the use of ? here is that ? does have some meaning, it
says we are going to be (or have) asked a question, it doesn’t tell us what the
question is. Most of the other symbols used have a long history of meaning (yes
= has the problem that historically it has had two possible meanings). To me, ?
gives no indication that it is going to ask about Nullness.

Oh, I don't disagree with you about ? not giving any much indication that it's about Nullness except for the (relatively short) history of using it to mean exactly that in C# etc. However I don't think that a class of whatever name doing something magic is any better.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd