On 24/07/18 14:02, David Mertz wrote:
On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, 7:38 AM Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
I'm still of the opinion that both approaches are trying to solve a
problem that's too niche to merit them, BTW.

That doesn't make sense to me. You think my little library shouldn't be
allowed on PyPI? I don't force the couple classes on anyone, but if they
happen to help someone (or PyMaybe, or some other library, does) they don't
change anything about Python itself. Syntax is a very different matter.

I have no objection to anyone putting anything on PyPI. Putting it (or an equivalent) in the standard library is much more problematical, and you were talking about that. I think your little library is a much richer source of bugs than you think it is, and dealing with messy data access isn't a good enough reason to put that much temptation in front of naive users.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd