On 05/20/2020 12:44 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:36 PM Thierry Parmentelat wrote:

I also reckon it is still cumbersome to simply enter Unicode characters
 from a keyboard sometimes; I guess if the big players were located in
 other countries that would maybe be different.But that will change
 over time, no matter the speed, some day that will be for granted.So
again maybe 2020 is the right time to break that barrier ?

The Dvorak keyboard was invented nearly a hundred years ago. How's it
looking as a viable alternative?

Well, 25 years ago I had to write my own Dvorak device driver for use with
MS-DOS, now it's included in at least Windows and Linux (a Dvorak mapping,
not my device driver).

So much more viable.  :)

If you think that a keyboard with fancy arrows on it will take off any
quicker, you're extremely hopeful.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, although a standard set of keyboard
shortcuts is more likely.

MUCH more practical will be to use vim conceal etc, leave your source
code unchanged, and just change the way it looks to you. There are
similar features available in a number of editors.

I'll have to look into that.

--
~Ethan~