On 2020-05-20 00:44, Chris Angelico wrote:
If you think that a keyboard with fancy arrows on it will take off any
quicker, you're extremely hopeful.

While I'm not sure how useful this is in the long run, the oft mentioned drawback of "hard to type/view" Unicode chars isn't as insurmountable as some think:

- Word processors have had a palette to insert symbols for decades.
- Editors have had "snippets" for perhaps almost as long.
- Code formatters such as "go fmt", yapf, black, etc could update them.
- All maintained OSs support a great majority of Unicode, with font support.
- AltGr and Compose keys are available.

I've been using Unicode everywhere for about a decade—it's time to retire the argument that input is still hard or rare. Dedicated keys are not really necessary.

-Mike