> On 21 May 2020, at 14:48, Joao S. O. Bueno <jsbu...@python.org.br> wrote:
>
>  (I had a coleague once which did
> set a special VIM config to display "!=" as
> "[can't type, math 'different' sign from here]"
> and even that was mostly a toy than anything
> really useful.

I guess that is my point exactly: the main reason why this person has been
unable to make anything useful out of that otherwise perfectly sound idea is
that it is not allowed in the language, so people need to mess with solutions
on the outside sphere - editors, IDE’s, documentation post-processing - that
essentially have no chance to be sustainable, and/as it causes extra burden for
everybody

We should allow code to be natively pretty, and not rely on other tools to do
the prettifying job - or not