> On 21 May 2020, at 23:03, David Mertz <me...@gnosis.cx> wrote:
>
> You are SERIOUSLY suggesting that typing 'Ctrl-Shift-U 2 1 9 2 <enter>' is
> easier for me than typing '->' as I do now!?

that’s not how I’d do it; and I dont think I said or suggested anything to that
effect

> And it remains easier if I use a different computer where I have to figure
> out or remember some different way of getting the Unicode code point into the
> editor?
>
> The goal of this being to wind up with source code that will render gray
> boxes for unknown character if I don't have the right font or the right
> display context?
>
> Even if *I* don't start using that special character (or others), I wind up
> having to edit and view code that other people have written, which means I
> need to deal with a tool stack to handle things that are hard to enter on
> most keyboards.

this thread seems to be obsessing on entering with the keyboard; that is not my
point at all

> As is... my editor looks like this.  I don't type all those special things,
> except once in a configuration file.  But the "prettification" is handled
> transparently when I type some ASCII sequences.

that’s nice ! it’s a real shame though, and a bit of a waste honestly, that
everybody needs to cook their own brew of an editor to get there
and primarily all I’m trying to say is that, one day, this will be a legal
piece of code, so that we can share and enjoy exactly like this
instead of in poor work-it-out-yourself ascii