On 2022-03-07 15:32, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 10:20, Brendan Barnwell <brenb...@brenbarn.net> wrote:

On 2022-03-06 14:43, Chris Angelico wrote:
> This keeps happening. All the successful ideas seem to happen
> elsewhere, notably on typing-sig.

        You seem to see that as a positive thing, but I would be happier if
fewer typing-related changes made it in.

I'm not sure whether it's positive or not. All I can see is that
changes get proposed on typing-sig and actually make it into the
language, but changes that get proposed on python-ideas are invariably
shot down in flames, no matter how good or bad. I do NOT believe that
every idea on typing-sig is good and that every idea on python-ideas
is bad, so what is it that makes typing-sig actually successful in
refining ideas into usable form that python-ideas is failing at?

I still don't agree with that. I think that many of the changes proposed here actually are bad (or at least not good enough), and that's why they don't make it in. When you say "no matter how good or bad" do you just mean "no matter how good or bad I personally think they are", or are you using some other metric for how good or bad the proposals "actually" are?

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."