Hi

> On 28 Oct 2019, at 13:15, Andreas Neumann <a.neum...@carto.net> wrote:
>
> Oh - perhaps the news panel is not opening if there is no news that wasn't
> read yet? That would be a bit strange, UI wise.

Yes it only shows if there is news to read

> I think we would have to rethink how the client part of the news panel works.
> The current behavior that there is no way ever to go back to that news item
> once you close it through the "X" of that individual news item, is a bit
> strange. Apparently, I am not the only one who got "trapped" by this behavior.

I think this behaviour is consistent with how other apps do it. I remember
visual studio used to have (still has?) a feature like this and ones you
dispatched news items, they never came back. That’s not to say we couldn’t add
a toggle that lets you reset your feed history somewhere I guess..

Regards

Tim

>>> ismailsunni.wordpress.com <http://ismailsunni.wordpress.com/>
>>>

>>> —
>>>

>>> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>
>>>

>>> Tim Sutton
>>>
>>> Co-founder: Kartoza
>>> Ex Project chair: QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/>
>>>
>>> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open
>>> source:
>>>
>>> Desktop GIS programming services
>>> Geospatial web development
>>> GIS Training
>>> Consulting Services
>>>
>>> Skype: timlinux
>>> IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <http://freenode.net/>
>>>
>>> I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link
>>> <https://calendly.com/timlinux> to make finding time easy.
>>>

>> —
>>

>> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>
>>

>> Tim Sutton