Robert Newson writes:

> > Im trying to get rid of my Tiscali account as Tiscali are obviously not
> > interested in my custom. Ive tried a few other ISPs, but they have so
> > far not proved reliable or decent - apart from Freeserve, now Wanado.
>
> You must have a different definition of decent than I do.  About 60% of
> the spam I get arrives from WANADOO.fr hosted sites.

I think our definitions are the same; only our experiences differ. Ive had
about 300 spams since March 15 (lucky me, some might say), virtually all of
them addressed to somename.tiscali.co.uk, ie tiscali let them bombard me
even without the correct address!

Ive had my freeserve address for a couple of years now, and it isnt hard to
come by on the internet, yet I get no more than about one spam per week via
my PAYG account with them, mainly "legitimate" service announcements
from freeserve/wanadoo.

Ive no idea where the spam comes from, as I dont bother to find out anymore
since theres precious little I can do about it. The only thing that concerns
me is which mailbox they arrive in.

Ive previously written about the devious tricks I suspect tiscali of using
to bump up their revenue at my expense. Forcing me to download all that
rubbish is, I must assume, just another of their little ploys. Bah!

However, once Ive divested myself entirely of this account, I should be
virtually spam-free! (I'll miss the scams, though. Ive always wondered how
people who are smart enough to have learned to read can be dumb enough to
get caught up in them!)

Per