From: "Terry Carroll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: *** SPAM *** Fwd: Re: Low Cost Term Life ins.
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 05:51:18 -0200

However, if you look at the headers of the message, you'll see that the mail system has used this field to deliver the mail:

I have found it worthwhile to have a :- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ( address )

... so that everything suspicious is diverted to one folder, and can then be zapped from there.

The general settings in Turnpike are :

Filing          disable 'File' within this folder
Rules           accept dead letter email
Receiving       do not send MDN's by default
Sending use a specific personanlity
Access  full

This simple method 'captures' almost all unwanted email - spam - in one area ( folder ), which is then easy to deal with.

Demon has also introduced spam filtering at the ISP ... which has made a considerable difference, although inevitably, some still get through to individual subscribers.

I use SMTP for mail/news not POP.

--
Malcolm Cadman