On 22/10/2008 19:50, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
On 22/10/2008 17:02, Dave Walker wrote:
You might want to look instead at the LogMeIn product as this
does lot require that kind of special network setup.
OK, I downloaded it and installed it. Not straightforward - all sorts
of things went wrong, including my anti-virus taking a strong
interest in preventing it doing what it was trying to, which may have
been the cause of all the things which went wrong.

If I understand properly, it works as a full version for a month then
 reverts to a "receive-only" mode, which (maybe I misunderstood)
isn't what I wanted. Either way, it was extremely unclear what was
happening half the time.
Sorry you've had problems - I've used LogMeIn for so long that I don't recall any installation problems. After a month it reverts to the standard facilities which exclude direct file transfer and printing but the main functionality isn't affected (I just email files back and forward when I need to, now).

--
Regards,

Stephen